Technology is improving in every sphere, including business, health, management, information systems and education sector. Education and learning have seen tremendous changes and the way education is delivered has taken a completely revolutionary approach. With e-learning and smart classrooms, it won’t be wrong to say that a new era is paving its way towards educational technology.
The implementation of school management software is yet another step towards revolutionizing education by the educational institutes. This particular software has been playing a significant role in augmenting institutional management.
Not long before, schools and colleges used to handle records manually. For everything from calculating student grades, handling new student admissions and maintaining student’s data to searching for a crucial piece of information, they would have to shuffle up big filing cabinets.
As good news, the time has changed now. In fact, the time has never been that better. With the introduction of school management software, handling employee details, tracking students, managing library, vehicles and inventory has been simplified to unbelievable measures. The period of records getting lost and causing unnecessary delay or efforts on searching for a piece of information is gone. With a user-friendly school management system installed in your institute, you can streamline your administrative tasks and be more functionally active and efficient.
Let’s see what benefits school management software offers to academic institutes and why should they switch to it.
Why should you adopt School Management Software?
School Management Software offers many benefits, one of the major ones being the file management that is just a click away from your system. As the data remains well-protected on the system, you don’t need to worry about unauthorized access. This is not possible with manual file management. Moreover, you can access every bit of information quickly as it is all sorted in the database. It’s not just the file management that comes with it; there are numerous other features that come along with this software.
Some of the most common features are given below:
• Student Management: Managing student information has become a critical issue in schools and colleges. With over 60 students in one class and 3-4 sections for every class, it has become a grievous problem to track students and maintain details from student admission to transfer certificates. Especially when it comes to managing their fees, it becomes an overhead. The school management software can lend a helping hand in this regard. It helps in managing student data with powerful search. You can manage student photographs, maintain student attendance and move students across sessions. The software even offers the facility to print transfer certificates and student I-card, maintain an educational history and send notifications via SMS.
• Fee Management: As said above, fee management can create considerable overhead for institutes. The school management software can simplify this process in a truly effective way. It automates almost all of the tasks related to fee management like storing and generating fee receipts; calculating pending fee amounts; sending outstanding fee reminders to students or parents via SMS and so on. The system facilitates seamless working while eliminating 90% of the manual work. The automation of fee calculation, collection and receipt generation also eliminates human errors that might follow in the process.
• Library Management: Today’s software comes with an ability to manage libraries as well. It automates your entire library process while empowering you with options like Book Search. The software keeps track of all the books arrived, issued, returned or lost so that you can check the status of a book whenever you require. The management software is a smarter way to manage your library. The advanced software even helps to maintain and view book issue history and print summarized reports.
• Employee Management: The software helps maintain all the employee records, thereby lending quick access to the critical information and an effective payroll and leave management system. It enables maintaining all the information on academic and non-academic staff like personal details, salary, parent (or guardian) information and more. Consolidated reports like the list of all employees, salary reports, etc. can also be generated on demand.
• Transportation Management: The transportation module in the school management software manages and optimizes the entire transportation operation and ensures an efficient tracking of the fleet of vehicles. Although the exact features vary from software to software, almost all the systems define & maintain vehicle and routing info, transportation fees and keep track of the students using the transport facility.
• Inventory Management: The software even helps with the management of inventory. For example, you can manage all your transactions like buying and selling of items; add details of the individual transactions; keep track of the profit and loss. The module allows you to maintain details for all your inventory items from entry to exit. You can even generate annual reports over the time on consumption and revenue generation.
Technology is evolving at a rapid pace and taking advantage of this technology is essential to become unique and stay competitive in this ever-changing world.